Phi Mus love to socialize! What a better way to meet new people and bond with your sisters than socials? Here's a rundown of all the fun social events we have throughout the year:
During the fall semester:
- Fall Date Party - At our first social event of the new school year, Phi Mus enjoy of night of dancing with their dates! This year's theme was It Takes Two.
- Homecoming Marriage Party - We kick-off homecoming activities by getting to know our fraternity partners at a themed social. Past themes have included Mardi Gras, "It Used to be Cool", Wedding Crashers and Southern Best.
- Dad's Weekend - This weekend's for the dads! On Friday night, Phi Mu takes over Deja Vu comedy club for a daddy-daughter comedy show. On Saturday, we host a BBQ at our house before everyone heads to the Tigers football game, and on Sunday, everyone comes to 503 Kentucky for a hearty brunch.
- Semi-Formal - For our annual semi-formal, Phi Mus get dressed up in their best party dresses and celebrate the near-conclusion of a fabulous semester!
During the spring semester:
- Greek Week Marriage Party - A new semester means a new Greek competition and a new fraternity pairing! We kick-off the partnership with a themed social at one of Columbia's great clubs and bars.
- Spring Date Party - Another fun date party for sisters to bring one or two dates to!
- Mom's Weekend - One of the most highly-anticipated events of the year, Mom's Weekend is a weekend filled with mother-daughter love. As with Dad's Weekend, moms and daughters take in some comedy at Deja Vu on Friday night. On Saturday, a special banquet is hosted for Phi Mus and their guests. Mothers get to experience a bit of our sisterhood with a fancy brunch, a video of our accomplishments and laughs over the past year, and a silent auction to benefit Children's Miracle Network.
- The Carnation Ball Formal - At our last social of the school year, Phi Mus celebrate in style at our Carnation Ball, the most special Phi Mu party of the year. Each year at our formal, we give out our chapter awards to deserving sisters. Awards include, Phi Mu Lady, Carnation Sister, Best New Member, Best Sophomore, Best Junior, Best Senior, Best Big/Little Pairing and Emerging Leader.