Phi Mus love to socialize! What a better way to meet new people and bond with your sisters than socials? Check out our social album under "Media" to see our members having a blast at all our events. Here's a rundown of all the fun social events we have throughout the year:
During the fall semester:
- Fall Date Party - At our first social event of the new school year, Phi Mus enjoy a night of dancing with their dates! This year's theme was Decked in Denim! You could call it a jocial.
- Hayride - This year, Phi Mu Chi hosted their first ever hayride! At Katfish Katy's, our members navigated their way through a corn maze, enjoyed the Missouri River on the hayride and roasted marshmallows in front of the campfire. We hope to go back next year!
- Homecoming Marriage Party - We kick-off homecoming activities by getting to know our fraternity partners at a themed social. Past themes have included Mardi Gras, "It Used to be Cool", Wedding Crashers and Southern Best.
- Dad's Weekend - This weekend's for the dads! This year, we went on a golfing extravaganza with their dads to Midway Golf and Games. There, we went mini golfing, go karting and even played foot golf. Then, on Saturday, we showed our dads around Mizzou, took them tailgating and watched the football game together. We celebrated the weekend with a Tiger win!
- Semi-Formal - For our annual semi-formal, Phi Mus get dressed up in their best party dresses and celebrate the near-conclusion of a fabulous semester! This year our girls pulled out their best green shades for a night in Emerald City.
During the spring semester:
- Greek Week Marriage Party - A new semester means a new Greek competition and a new fraternity pairing! We kick-off the partnership with a themed social at one of Columbia's great clubs and bars.
- Spring Date Party - Another fun date party for sisters to bring one or two dates to! This year we kicked off the Spring celebrating a Happy Mu Year with all our sisters and friends.
- Mom's Weekend - One of the most highly-anticipated events of the year, Mom's Weekend is a weekend filled with mother-daughter love. On Friday, there is usually a different event planned every year. On Saturday, a special banquet is hosted for Phi Mus and their guests. Mothers get to experience a bit of our sisterhood with a fancy brunch, a video of our accomplishments and laughs over the past year, and a silent auction to benefit Children's Miracle Network.
- Formal - At our last social of the school year, Phi Mus celebrate in style at our formal, the most special Phi Mu party of the year. Each year at our formal, we give out our chapter awards to deserving sisters. Awards include, Phi Mu Lady, Carnation Sister, Best New Member, Best Sophomore, Best Junior, Best Senior, Best Big/Little Pairing and Emerging Leader.
Once every four years:
- Carnation Ball - Every four years, Chi chapter hosts a Carnation Ball. Last Spring, we celebrated Carnation Ball at the Columbia Country Club where we ate great food and danced the night away. Similar to prom, we get so excited for this once in a lifetime moment! Spring 2021, we can't wait for you to come.