Phi Mus love to socialize! What a better way to meet new people and bond with your sisters than socials? Check out our social album under "Media" to see our members having a blast at all our events. Here's a rundown of all the fun social events we have throughout the year:
During the fall semester:
- Fall Date Party - At our first social event of the new school year, Phi Mus enjoy a night of dancing with their dates! This year's theme was Disco! We were dancing queens all night long.
- Hayride - This year, Phi Mu Chi hosted their first ever hayride! We're continuing our new tradition this year. With s'mores, music and hayrides, it's the perfect way to kick off the fall.
- Homecoming Marriage Party - We kick-off homecoming activities by getting to know our fraternity partners at a themed social. Past themes have included Mardi Gras, "It Used to be Cool", Wedding Crashers and Southern Best.
- Dad's Weekend - This weekend's for the dads! This year, we hosted a happy hour downtown Columbia. Then, on Saturday, we showed our dads around Mizzou, took them tailgating and watched the football game together. We celebrated the weekend with a Tiger win!
- Semi-Formal - For our annual semi-formal, Phi Mus get dressed up in their best party dresses and celebrate the near-conclusion of a fabulous semester!
During the spring semester:
- Greek Week Marriage Party - A new semester means a new Greek competition and a new fraternity pairing! We kick-off the partnership with a themed social at one of Columbia's great clubs and bars.
- Spring Date Party - Another fun date party for sisters to bring one or two dates to! This year we kicked off the Spring celebrating a Happy Mu Year with all our sisters and friends.
- Mom's Weekend - One of the most highly-anticipated events of the year, Mom's Weekend is a weekend filled with mother-daughter love. This year we had tons of fun with our moms. For our Saturday events, we got the option of either making succulents or painting poetry with our moms. We also enjoyed a happy hour event at Room 38 in downtown Columbia. Then on Sunday, we went to Serenity Valley Winery where our moms get to experience a bit of our sisterhood with a fancy brunch, a video of our accomplishments and laughs over the past year, and a silent auction to benefit Children's Miracle Network.
- Formal - At our last social of the school year, Phi Mus celebrate in style at our formal, the most special Phi Mu party of the year. This past year, we hosted our formal at Bur Oak Brewery where we danced the night away! Each year at our formal, we give out our chapter awards to deserving sisters. Awards include, Phi Mu Lady, Carnation Sister, Best New Member, Best Sophomore, Best Junior, Best Senior, Best Big/Little Pairing and Emerging Leader.
Once every four years:
- Carnation Ball - Every four years, Chi chapter hosts a Carnation Ball. Last Spring, we celebrated Carnation Ball at the Columbia Country Club where we ate great food and danced the night away. Similar to prom, we get so excited for this once in a lifetime moment! Spring 2021, we can't wait for you to come.